No More Violence against Women
We have been campaigning to eliminate violence against women since 2008 by raising awareness of its nature, extent and impact.
Not in my Name pledge
WIs across the country have been recruiting local male groups and decision-makers to pledge their support to never commit, excuse or remain silent about male violence against women.
By signing the pledge and wearing a white ribbon, men can send out the message that domestic abuse is not acceptable, should never be ignored and cannot be excused.
Key supporters have included Cricket Wales, Glamorgan Cricket and the Cardiff Blues rugby team.
Some of the other ways members are taking action include:
- getting creative for our annual Not in my Name competition
- making white ribbons for ambassadors to wear
- organising photo opportunities of the ambassadors holding or signing a support poster
- linking with local authorities – a number have or are working towards gaining White Ribbon accreditation
- working with other women’s groups such as Women’s Aid and Hafan Cymru to organise joint awareness-raising activities
- issuing a joint press statement and using social media to promote their activities with the #NotinmyName hashtag
Violence Against Women Support
We have put together a list of resources to support those who are experiencing or know someone experiencing domestic abuse and sexual violence. Click here to access the page.
For more information members can log in to My WI.