Current campaigns and initiatives
Have your voice heard and make a real impact on local, national and global issues by getting involved in WI campaigns.
Our campaigns bring WI members together to take action and achieve real change in policy and practice on the issues that we all care about.
In recent years our campaigns have helped achieve:
- £10m funding, announced in June 2010, for research into pollinator health. Thanks to the grant, research will be carried out into bee diseases and the effect of pesticides to help better understand threats to the honeybee population;
- Cross party commitment to diversion and liaison schemes - a 'care not custody' approach to end the inappropriate detention of people with mental health needs. £5m pilot funding was announced by the Secretaries of State for Health and Justice in March 2011;
- European Parliament commitment to introduce mandatory country of origin labelling on all fresh meat (July 2011);
- Government commitment to an integrated strategy for tackling violence against women (published March 2011).
Find out more about our key campaigns:
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department