Resolutions and mandates
This year, 68 resolutions were submitted. These were narrowed down to five by representatives from federations at a shortlisting meeting in London on 2 October.The next step is for you to consider all five and select the one you would most like to go forward for further discussion and final voting at the Annual Meeting in June 2018. Submission forms need to be submitted back to your federation by 9 February (check arrangements for this with your WI Secretary).
The NFWI has published a range of materials to support discussions on the 2017/18 resolutions shortlist, including PowerPoint presentations, videos and a guide to holding a resolution discussion.
All of the materials can be downloaded here. We recommend that WIs and federations hold discussion meetings to explore the issues in more depth.
Resources are available to support WIs and members engage with the resolutions process, you can download these here:
- 'The WI at 100' - The NFWI's centenary report looking at 100 years of WI campaigns
- 'The WI as a force for change' - A leaflet looking into resolution that have successfully delivered change over the past 100 years
- A list of all resolutions passed by the NFWI
- A leaflet on the resolution process, with tips, advice and information to support you.
Mandates passed at recent Annual Meetings
- 2017: End Plastic Soup and Alleviating Loneliness
- 2016: Annual Meeting Resolutions
- 2015: Annual Meeting Resolution
- 2014: Organ Donation - Time to Talk
- 2013: Decline of our High Streets and Town Centres
- 2012: Employment of More Midwives
- 2011: The Closure of Local Libraries
- All mandates from 2003 - 2014
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department