Resolutions and mandates
2017 Annual Meeting Resolutions
At the NFWI Annual Meeting in Liverpool on 7 June 2017 delegates voted to pass two resolutions, End Plastic Soup and Link Together, which will both now form the basis of new NFWI campaigns. For more information on how to get involved with End Plastic Soup see here and for more information on Link Together please see here.
Submit a resolution!
Do you feel inspired to submit a resolution on a issue that you feel passionately about? Submissions for the 2017/18 resolutions process are now open! Any member can propose a resolution for consideration - simply complete a submission form by hand or online, and remember to read the guidance notes! A range of other useful resources can also be found below to support your submission.
Resolutions submission form 2017/18:
To support you through the process of submitting a resolution, including how to ensure you have a strongly worded resolution, the NFWI public affairs team have created a new guidance note. This can be downloaded here:
The resolution timetable has been updated to reflect an alteration to the timings of the shortlist stage for the 2017/18 process. An organisation-wide deadline of 9 February 2018 has been set by the NFWI for selections to arrive with federations, meaning that WIs will have at least the whole of December and January to discuss the shortlisted resolutions. The updated timetable can be downloaded here:
Further resources are available to support WIs and members engage with the resolutions process, you can download these here:
- 'The WI at 100' - The NFWI's centenary report looking at 100 years of WI campaigns
- 'The WI as a force for change' - A leaflet looking into resolution that have successfully delivered change over the past 100 years
- A list of all resolutions passed by the NFWI
- A leaflet on the resolution process, with tips, advice and information to support you.
Mandates passed at recent Annual Meetings
- 2017: End Plastic Soup and Alleviating Loneliness
- 2016: Annual Meeting Resolutions
- 2015: Annual Meeting Resolution
- 2014: Organ Donation - Time to Talk
- 2013: Decline of our High Streets and Town Centres
- 2012: Employment of More Midwives
- 2011: The Closure of Local Libraries
- All mandates from 2003 - 2014
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department