Terrine Normande aux Noix
Normandy Nut Terrine
- 450g Pigs' Liver
- 350g trimmed belly of Pork
- 125g Hazelnuts
- 50g Lard
- 4 tbsps White Wine
- 4 tbsps Calvados or Whisky
- 450g Streaky Bacon
- Salt and Pepper
- Mince the pigs' liver and the trimmed belly of pork.
- Crush the garlic with a little salt.
- Toast the hazelnuts lightly, rub off their skins and chop roughly.
- Melt the lard and add to the liver, pork, garlic and chopped hazelnuts, with the wine and Calvados or whisky.
- Season well and mix everything together thoroughly.
- De-rind the bacon and flatten the rashers with the back of a knife. Line a terrine with them, then press the mixture into this.
- Cover and cook in a bain-marie for 11/2 hours at 1800C, Gas 4.
- When cooked, press with a 1kg weight until the terrine has been allowed to cool.