Smoked Mackerel & Watercress Pate
Smoked mackerel has a distinctive flavour but here other ingredients are introduced to give a pate with additional tastes. This recipe can be a lovely starter or lunch time salad. Try it.
Serves: 4 as a starter or 2 -3 as a more substantial dish
- 75g Watercress
- 115g Smoked Mackerel Fillets, skinned
- 50g Low Fat Soft Cheese
- 30ml Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
- 10ml Horseradish Sauce, Creamed
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Wash the watercress, pat dry and discard any coarse leaves or stalks.
- Place the watercress, mackerel, soft cheese, yoghurt and horseradish in the blender and process until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Spoon into individual ramekins/dishes and chill for 1 - 2 hours before serving.
- Serve on a bed of salad leaves with wholemeal toast.
If you have left over fish, cheese or yoghurt after making this dish do not throw out, put in the freezer for another future meal.
For more ideas of what to do with left overs see Love Food Hate Waste