Chinese Pak Choi & Noodles Soup
This clear soup full of vegetables and noodles is typically Chinese.
Chestnut mushrooms are ideal because they stay fairly firm and have a good flavour.
Preparation: Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes, Freezing: recommended
- 1 litre Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh Root Ginger
- 1 small red Chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
- Juice of 1/2 a Lime
- 1 tablespoon light Soy Sauce
- 50g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 2 Pak Choi heads,
- Finely sliced 150g dried fine thread Egg Noodles
- A kettle full of boiling water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Coriander
- Put the stock, ginger, chilli, lime juice and light soy sauce in a large saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over a moderate heat.
- Stir in the mushrooms and pak choi and continue cooking for another 5–7 minutes or until the green stems are cooked but not soggy.
- Place the noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water over them.
- Stir to separate the strands and then leave to soak according to the packet instructions.
- Drain off the water and divide the wet noodles between four warm bowls.
- Top up with the soup and decorate each bowl with chopped coriander.