Rabbit although not commonly obtained is a tasty game alternative and can be compared with chicken. It can be roasted, stewed, braised or boiled. Ask the butcher to prepare and joint for you.
Serves: 2 if a large rabbit
- 1 Rabbit
- 450g Potatoes
- 250g Carrots
- 600ml good Chicken Stock
- A few sprigs of Rosemary
- Cut the rabbit into joints and blanche if the butcher has not already prepared the rabbit.
- Place in a large casserole and arrange the carrots on top. Cut potatoes into chunks and add.
- Add a sprig or two of rosemary and the chicken stock.
- Cover and cook in a moderate oven 180C Gas 4.
- Serve with a green vegetable.