Kedgeree is a traditional dish for a light lunch or breakfast. By adding rice to the fish it extends and makes the dish go further.
100g Long Grain Rice
275g Smoked Haddock, cooked
3 Eggs, Hard boiled
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water until it is tender, then strain
- Meanwhile remove the skin and bones from the fish and flake the flesh.
- Chop 2 of the hard boiled eggs.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the fish, rice, chopped eggs and raisins. Gently heat through
- To serve pile into a hot dish and garnish with the remaining hard boiled egg, melted butter and parsley. Serve with peas.
Traditionally smoked haddock is used for this dish but other smoked fish could be used instead.
This recipe is from Main Courses a WI Home Skills guide first published in 1978