Use this spread on crisp, toasted French bread slices and serve with dry sherry as an hors d'oeuvre.
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp Capers, chopped
- 6 Anchovy fillets, chopped
- 250g Pitted Black Olives, chopped
- Small bunch Parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Depending on whether you prefer a coarse or smooth texture, either mix everything together and transfer to an airtight container or put everything except the oil into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then add enough of the oil to make a paste, blend again briefly to mix and transfer the mixture to an airtight container.
- Top with any remaining oil.
- Use within 1 week.
This recipe is from Preserves by Carol Tennant and published by Simon & Schuster 2009.