Curl up with the warm sensation of ginger.
(for 8 bottles - 11/2 pint size)
- 2 ozs Root Ginger
- 3 tsps Cream of Tartar
- 11/2 lbs sugar
- 11/2 gallons boiling Water
- 2 tsps Citric Acid
- 1 level tbsp Dried Yeast
- Bruise the ginger by hitting with a hammer. (Put the ginger in a plastic bag).
- Put into a plastic bucket with cream of tartar and sugar.
- Pour on boiling water, stir well, cover and allow to cool overnight.
- Add citric acid and yeast and allow to ferment for 24 hours. (In cold weather, leave for 48 hours).
- Remove any scum and syphon into strong bottles. Cork loosely. (Do not use screw tops or bottles may burst).
- Ready after 3 days.