A light and sparkling dessert. Best served in tall, individual glasses.
It's lovely rich colour and warm taste need no further adornment.
- 275ml water
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks, each about 10cm long
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Blades Mace
- 1 pkt Blackcurrant Jelly
- 150ml Port
- Simmer the spices in the water for 10 mins. Stand for 1 hour.
- Strain and warm again.
- Melt the jelly in the spicy water.
- Add the port and make up to 575ml with cold water.
- Transfer to a jelly mould or individual glasses and leave until cold.
- Chill, then serve