Chilled Lemon Cheesecake
Here is a tried and tested basic lemon cheesecake which is delicious and can also be easily adapted.
- 75-100g Digestive Biscuits, crushed
- 90g Butter, unsalted
- 300g Curd Cheese
- 1 Lemon, rind and juice
- 2 heaped tbsp Icing Sugar, sieved
- 1 Egg
- 1 small carton Sour Cream
- 1 small carton Double/Whipping Cream, lightly whipped
- Lemon slices, and Icing Sugar, sieved
- Line a 28cm flan case or ring with buttered and floured greaseproof paper.
- Crumble the biscuits and mix with melted butter to form a firm paste.
- Press paste over the base of the tin.
- Break down the curd cheese in a bowl and add egg, lemon rind and juice and sugar. Beat well.
- Turn into the lined tin and bake Gas 4 180C for 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven, cool and refrigerate overnight.Remove from the ring or tin
- Spread the top with soured cream, pipe rosettes of cream add lemon slices as decoration and dust with icing sugar
25-50g Raisins could be added to the mixture with the lemon.
Alternatively browned flaked almonds could be scattered over the top
This recipe comes from Staffordshire Federation WI Cookery Book pub 1979 as part of their Diamond Jubilee