Walnut & Maple Pie
- Short Crust or Dessert Pastry made from 225g Flour
For the Filling:
- 75g butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 225ml Maple Syrup
- Salt, pinch
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Walnuts
- Walnut halves, Double/Whipping Cream
- Line 20cm flan ring with the pastry and chill for 10 mins.
- Prepare the filling. Melt the butter and mix in the sugar and maple syrup. Add a pinch of salt.
- Cool and add the eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Chop the walnuts coarsely and spread over the base.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the walnuts and bake for 30 -40 mins at Gas Mark 5, 190C until the filling is firm.
- Cool then decorate with extra walnuts and whipped cream when quite cold.
Tip: If you are unable to obtain Maple Syrup, Golden syrup will do although you get a sweet taste with less flavour.