Valentine Cake Pops
These fun, small cake bites are very popular and show your creative skills.
Plus: Ready made cake and frosting from a variety of flavours can be used.
- 800g Victoria Sponge mixture - made from cake using 200g Flour
- Buttercream icing -(stiff) made from 200g Icing Sugar
- 200g Candy Melts, pink
- 200g Candy Melts, white
- Pink and white Sugarpaste for decorations
- White and pink Sugar Sprinkles
- Cake Pop or Lollipop sticks
- Crumble the cake into a large mixing bowl, as finely as possible.
- Begin to mix it with the buttercream icing a tablespoon at a time until you get a fudge-like consistency.
- Cover the mixture and chill for at least 1 hour. When the mixture is firm but not hard it is ready to work with. Break off a small piece of the mixture, about the size of a ping pong ball and roll into a smooth ball. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 mins.
- Melt the candy melts.
- Take a pop stick and dip one end (2cms) into the candy.
- Immediately and carefully stick the pop stick into the centre of the cake ball, about halfway through. Allow 1 to 2 mins for the candy to set.
- Dip each ball of cake into the candy melt. Ensure you cover right to the top of the stick to secure the pop on the stick.
- Dip in sugar sprinkles if you are using them and allow the candy to set, 1 -2 mins.