Snowman Cake Pops
Use either home made or bought cake for this recipe. Readymade cake and frosting from a variety of flavours can be used!
- 400g Cake Mixture
- 200g Buttercream frosting or White Chocolate to mix
- White Candy Melts or White Chocolate
- Liquorice or a small amount of Black Sugar Paste
- Tiny amount of Pink and Orange Sugar Paste
- Cake pop sticks
- Edible glue
- Crumble the cake into a large mixing bowl, as finely as possible.
- Begin to mix it with the frosting a tablespoon at a time until you get a fudge-like consistency.
- Cover the mixture and chill for at least 1 hour. When the mixture is firm but not hard it is ready to work with. Break off a small piece of the mixture, about the size of a ping pong ball and roll into a smooth ball. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 mins.
- Melt the candy melts.
- Take a pop stick and dip one end (2cms) into the candy.
- Immediately and carefully stick the pop stick into the centre of the cake ball, about halfway through. Allow 1 to 2 mins for the candy to set.
- Dip each ball of cake into the candy melt. Ensure you cover right to the top of the stick to secure the pop on the stick.
- Allow the candy to set, 1 -2 mins.
- Decorate with small circles of black sugar paste or liquorice cut into a hat shape and eyes. A circle of pink sugar paste gives an attractive hatband contrast. Roll a small piece of orange into a carrot shape for a nose and use edible glue to hold in place