Rosie Dummer’s Zesty Lemon Drizzle Cake
When life gives you lemons…
- For the cake:
- 250g butter or margarine
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- 5 eggs
- Grated rind of 3 lemons
- For the lemon drizzle:
- 110g icing sugar
- Lemon Juice as required
- Prepare the oven at 170◦C and grease or line a loaf pan.
- Beat together the butter or margarine and the sugar.
- One by one gently beat in the eggs and with each egg add a tablespoon of the flour.
- Gently mix in the remaining flour and the lemon rind.
- Fill and level in your pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a probe comes out clean.
- Mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice until runny.
- Whilst the cake is still a little warm poke some holes and drizzle juice all over.
- Allow the cake to cool, turn out and pour a final drizzle.