Jill's Mincemeat Streusel Tart
Jill Brand, an NFWI lead cookery judge, Denman Tutor and Home Economist, created this wonderful spicy tart for you to try. It can be so quick and easy if you use ready-made pastry and a jar of good mincemeat. To join one of Jill's popular courses see the Denman brochure.
- 350g Shortcrust Pastry (made with 350g plain flour, 80g butter, 80g white flora)
- 400g jar of Christmas Mincemeat
- 115g Plain Flour
- 80g butter, diced
- 25g Caster Sugar
- 25g Hazelnuts, finely chopped
- Make the pastry in the usual way and line a deep 20cm loose-based tin or flan ring and base.
- Trim, prick the base and chill for 20 mins
- Make topping
- Sift flour, rub in butter and then stir in the sugar and nuts
- Spoon the mincemeat into the pastry case and sprinkle over the topping
- Bake Gas 6, 180C for 25 – 35 mins until the topping is golden and the pastry crisp