Halloween Chocolate Cup Cakes
This recipe uses a traditional creamed cake mixture to make small chocolate cup/fairy cakes. A good recipe to make with children.
Serves: 12 cupcakes or 24 fairy cakes
- 100g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 75g SR Flour
- 25g Cocoa
- Small candy pumkins or other halloween decorations or make yourself from sugar paste
- Set oven Gas Mark 5 180C, and place 12 paper cup cases/24 fairy cake cases in a bun tray.
- Cream the butter and sugar until very light.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Sieve flour and cocoa together.
- Fold in the flour.
- If too stiff add a tablespoon of milk to make a soft dropping consistency.
- Spoon into the paper cases.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins, cupcakes will take longer.
- Allow cooling.
- When completely cool the cakes may be decorated with buttercream and festive decorations.
Buttercream can be made from 50g softened butter, beaten with 100g sieved icing sugar.
The cakes can be flavoured with a tablespoon of chocolate chips for a double chocolate flavour.
Any leftover cakes can be stored in an airtight container for another day. These cakes should keep for about a week.