Coconut & Cranberry Flapjack
These flapjacks are gooey, chewy and, above all, simple to assemble. Using coconut butter makes this a wonderful dairy-free option and by using agave nectar instead of golden syrup helps lower the sugar content and glycaemic index of the recipe. Studded with sweet cranberries, pistachio nuts and scented with coconut, these fruity treats will be loved by the whole family.
- 70g Groovy Food Dark Rich Agave Nectar
- 150g Groovy Food Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 115g Dates, chopped
- 150g Porridge Oats
- 2tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 60g Desiccated Coconut
- 60g Wholemeal Flour
- 115g Sweetened Cranberries
- 2-3tbsp Pistachio Nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4.
- Grease a traybake tin.
- In a large saucepan, melt the agave nectar and coconut butter together over low heat, stirring until well combined. Place in a blender with the dates and process to form a sticky paste.
- Place the oats, flaxseed, coconut, flour, cranberries and nuts in a large bowl. Pour over the date mixture and mix thoroughly to combine
- Spoon the flapjack mixture into the prepared tray and press it down with your fingers firmly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until deep golden-brown on top.
- Leave the flapjacks to cool for 5 minutes then score the flapjack lightly into pieces whilst still hot. Allow cooling completely in the tin before turning out.