Advertising in WI Life magazine
WI Life is our membership magazine that is delivered directly to 221,906 WI members in England, Wales and the Channel Islands, eight times a year - click here to view our delivery schedule.
Published on high quality paper, WI Life is a dynamic glossy magazine with original photography and illustration, and a modern design that highlights the many opportunities available to women through WI membership, as well as inspiring the readership through showcasing the very best and most original grassroots WI activities and interesting members.
A wider audience awaits you with WI Life magazine
WI Life is sent directly to 221,906 WI members. Anyone reading the magazine can immediately see that the entrenched, stereotypical view of the WI and its membership is well and truly out of date. WI Life provides potential advertisers with the opportunity to reach 221,906 members of the largest women's voluntary organisation in the country, our readers profile: -
- 221,906 WI members - wives, mothers, grandmothers, daughters, mother-in-laws, daughters-in-law – in other words – women!
- Social class – 73% are ABC1 and that means they have the social and financial status to spend on luxury products.
- Age range – we know members vary in age. We know we have 18 year old members, but are also realistic enough to know that this is the minority. 93% are 45 and over – perhaps not as old as you'd imagined?
- 93% of members own their own home and 88% are mortgage free – this of course backs up our disposable income claims and what better audience is there of women who largely have disposable income to purchase your products and services.
- 60% are retired, 15% are housewives and 13% either work full or part time whilst the rest volunteer! Clearly this enforces our message that members largely have the time to spend looking at your products or services.
- 72% have children over the age of 18 – so if you're after a slightly younger market too – who better than their affluent mothers to influence!
- 60% have grandchildren under the age of 18, so once again – if you're looking for grandmothers to buy presents for their young grandchildren you're definitely looking in the right place.
- Travel – as you'd expect with a fairly affluent and time rich audience, members love to travel and usually take 2.45 holidays or more a year! So if you're a travel related company, then look no further!
- Hobbies – 74% love reading, 73% love gardening, 62% are very interested in National Heritage, 61% love and care about wildlife and the environment, 60% are interested in cookery. The list is pretty extensive but we thought we'd just highlight their main interests for you.
- The WI offers you an ABC1 audience who have both the time and money to give to your charity. In fact, it is estimated that the 90% of the WI donate to charity and they give over £18 million in charitable donations a year. WI Life is the only way to reach all 221,906 of our members.
WI members are responsive to good offers and causes. They are not impulse buyers but habit purchasers who give long term loyalty. They look for quality goods and high standards in products & services.
If this target audience is of interest to you, please contact our Advertising department on 020 7371 9300 and dial extension 222 or use the Contact us form.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department