Centenary Craft Exhibition
Over 1000 WI members attended the launch of the NFWI-Wales Centenary Craft Exhibition on 16 and 17 May on Anglesey.
Showcasing a 100 years of the WI, the craft exhibition brought to life the work that the WI has been involved in during each decade and the influence it has had on communities and the country.
On display were thirteen stunning 5ft x 3ft hand-crafted panels; each panel designed and created by WI crafters from the 13 federations in Wales and focusing on a period in the history of the WI. A booklet has been produced explaining the history depicted on each panel.
The exhibition also included 3D displays and digital stories capturing the memories, attitudes, feelings and experiences of WI members.
The panels were sponsored by NFU Cymru, NFU Mutual, FUW, Abakhan Fabrics, Commercial Christmas of Llanelli and the Ashley Family Foundation and the exhibition booklet was designed and printed by North Wales Newspapers.
During the coming months, there will be a number of opportunities for members and the general public to view the exhibition:-
· Royal Welsh Show, Llanelwedd, Powys - 20-23 July
· The National Eisteddfod of Wales, Meifod - 1-8 August
· The WI Centennial Fair, Harrogate - 3-6 September
· Gala Concert and Wales Annual Wales Conference in St David's Hall, Cardiff - 18 & 19 September.
Read the booklet about the Centenary Panels.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department