Recipe of the week
Vegan Crema Catalan
A delicious treat for World Vegan Month this November!
- 400ml of light coconut milk/ or coconut milk
- Peel of lemon
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- Firstly infuse the coconut milk with the lemon peel and cinnamon, then remove.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring just to point of first bubbles to simmer, stirring all the time so as to ensure no lumps in your mixture.
- Pour into ramekins and allow to set in the fridge, sprinkle with an additional teaspoon of brown sugar (per ramekin) and blowtorch if you want a crunchy topping.
- Serve with fresh seasonal fruits.
Recipe by Linzi Barrow, Lancashire Federation
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department