Microwave Raspberry Jam
It is quick and easy to make both sweet and vinegar preserves in a microwave oven. There is no smell and no steam and only an ovenproof glass bowl to wash! The colour and flavour is superb but only small quantities can be made.
2tbsp Lemon juice
- Put the fruit, lemon juice and sugar into a large bowl and stir well.
- Microwave on full power for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook on full power for 12 mins.
- Stir well, pour into warm sterilised jars, cover and seal
It is important to be accurate with the cooking time. Do not be tempted to add more minutes as sugar can easily burn.
Use the test for setting in the usual way.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department