Lady Denman Cup
The theme for this creative writing competition is ‘Amazing Discoveries’.
Using no more than 500 words, WI members are invited to write a piece of science fact or fiction describing a historic breakthrough or a future invention as yet unknown.
Entrants must submit four copies of their entry (typed if possible) on A4 paper to their Federation Secretary. Some federations may accept entries via email – please check before sending.
Federation entries can be submitted either by hard copy or via email by Friday 2 August 2019.
For the competition schedule and entry forms, please visit My WI.
Lady Denman Cup 2018
The 2018 Lady Denman Cup Competition invited members to write a diary extract based on 'the day that changed my life'. Extracts were limited to no more than 500 words (excluding main title but including diary date if used).
In total, the NFWI received 136 entries from 59 federations. The final results were:
- First: Wendy Walker, Cumbria Cumberland Federation
- Second: Julie Cleaves, Powys Brecknock Federation
- Third: Irene Jones, Gloucestershire Federation
- Highly commended: Hilary Hedison, Lincolnshire Humber Federation
To read the winning entries and the official judges report, visit My WI.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department