Crafts Beautiful magazine projects
Every month we'll be giving you a brand new project from the 'Your WI Highlights' pages of Crafts Beautiful magazine.
This month we are making...
Sunshine on a rainy day card
Celebrate the fresh weather of spring with Ruth Hamilton’s embossed card...
You will need:
- Quilling strips, pink, green, cream
- Quilling tool
- Papers, patterned: pink, aqua
- Gems, adhesive
- Bakers twine, peach
- Punch, daisy border
- Stamps, Mother’s Day sentiment
- Ink-pad, red
- Card, white, brown, assorted sizes
1. Matt backing paper, 11.75cm x 16.75cm, onto brown card and attach to a blank. Emboss a sunray folder onto white card, 8.5cm x 11.5cm, then matt onto brown and attach. Download and print the Rainbow Time umbrella and boots templates at crafts-beautiful.com/free-templates/crafts-beautiful-may-2013-issue-253-template-pack.
2. Colour the handle with a cocoa ProMarker. Glue to the right of the background paper at an angle, with a little overlapping. Attach the boots to the bottom-left. Print, cut out and matt a greeting onto brown card.
3. Attach to the top-left and bottom-right, overlapping onto the patterned paper. Attach two large punched daisies and nine mini flowers to the boots, umbrella and greetings, adding dots to the centre of each.
Take a look at previous projects...
Pop-up bouquet card
Create Tracey Daykin-Jones' bright and beautiful kinetic card for someone special.
Use Tracey Daykin-Jones’ guide to create cards with colour-popping embossed spirals.
Best wishes card
Be inspired by nature with Moira Butler’s feminine stamped and embossed design.
Combine vibrant purples and rich shades of turquoise with a hint of silver for a really striking alternative to the traditional red and green combo. Embellish with fabrics, sequins and glitter card to make sure it really sparkles under those fairy lights!
Christmas pudding napkin rings
Create these simple napkin rings to brighten your festive table.
Easy Celebration Card
Raid your craft stash to make this simple, yet impactful greeting card to suit any occasion!
Butterfly Celebration Card
Spread your card making wings and try out different techniques to make your projects really stand out!
Patchwork Hoop Art
Hoop art is all the rage at the moment, team it with patchwork and that hits the spot in the style stakes.
The project is easy to put together and combines papercraft with a little machine embroidery and simple hand sewing.
Twine flowers card
Make a pretty floral card using colourful paper and twine circles.
Co-ordinated greetings card
It's easy to make lovely co-ordinated cards using themed paper collections. Have a go with papers from your craft stash.
Happiness Cross Stitch Sampler
Try out this lovely idea using a decorative frame and a little motivational cross-stitch.
Deliver a card with wow factor to celebrate a special occasion. You can personalise them too with patterned papers and stickers of their favourite things and hobbies.
Felt Bird Decorations
Have a go at making these sweet little bird decorations. You could even change the colours of the felt to make robin decorations for Christmas.
Foil leaf card
Use this foiling technique to create a special greeting card.
Floral decorations, tag and card
These colourful floral decorations will brighten up your home. Once you've mastered the technique, you can also make a beautiful card and gift tag set.
Stitched Nautical Sampler
Have a go at making a nautical themed sampler for your home.
Use up your fabric scraps to make this beautiful garden card.
Patchwork Pencil Case
Keep your pens and pencils together in this creative and colourful patchwork pencil case.
Have a go at making this colourful and cheery quilt to brighten up your home.
These are just a taster of the fantastic makes and projects available on the Crafts Beautiful website and in the Craft Area of My WI.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department