Crafts Beautiful magazine projects
Every month we'll be giving you a brand new project from the 'Your WI Highlights' pages of Crafts Beautiful magazine.
This month we are making...
Garden of Flowers
Use punched shapes to create Jane Gill’s pretty folk art-inspired images.
You will need:
- Punches, Woodware: mini combination
- FPC2-05; plum; lily; little flourish; carnation; butterfly; grass; corner
- Stamps, Woodware: essential birthdays (JGCL519); now and forever (JGCL518)
- Ink-pads, assorted colours
- Marker pen, fine: green, black
- Make a landscape blank from craft card, rounding the front and back corners. Trim cream card, 10cm x 14.3cm, and punch all four corners.
- Ink the edges of cream card in green. Keeping it in a landscape shape, stamp the greeting. Draw faux stitching around edge in blue.
- unch out a selection of decorative shapes from coloured card.
- Layer up a few shapes, such as the big flower, and stick together with glue. Add faux stitching using a black marker pen. Arrange the shapes on the card front and stick down.
Head over to the Craft Area on My WI for many more fantastic makes and inspiring projects!
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department