Craft Club is a national campaign that champions craft groups in schools, galleries, libraries and anywhere else you can bring people together to share craft skills. In fact, many registered Craft Clubs are WIs!
The campaign started in 2009 with support from UK Hand Knitting Association and the National Federation of Women’s Institutes. It is all about making, creating and sharing your skills.
Craft Club believes everyone deserves access to a full range of fun and rewarding craft projects as a part of their cultural learning. It helps the hundreds of existing Craft Clubs across the UK by offering advice, resources, events and inspiration to get them making.
The Craft Club newsletter and social media accounts provide inspiration through activity ideas, unique tutorials and competitions, as well as celebrating and promoting Craft Club creations.
Register your craft group FREE of charge for:
- Access to craft tutorials by practicing makers and artists such as Pascal Anson, Max McMurdo, and Sarah Fennell
- Practical learning resources for group leaders on subjects such as working with volunteers, planning activities for different abilities, and risk assessment
- A quarterly newsletter full of craft ideas and featured makes
- Personalised advice over phone or email
- Regional Craft Club skills-sharing events
- Access to a handling collection via the Craft Club Loan Box scheme
- Crafty giveaways and opportunities to win prizes
- The chance to be part of a national network of like-minded crafters
Use the Crafty Map to find a club near you, or register to start your own Craft Club and receive updates from Craft Club HQ.
For more information, where to find your local club and project inspiration, details can be found on the Craft Club website.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department