2016 NFWI Annual Meeting
The 2016 Annual Meeting was held at the Brighton Centre, East Sussex on Saturday 11 June. The meeting was attended by 4,000 members and guests.
Two guest speakers Rona Fairhead CBE, Chairman of the BBC Trust and The Rt Hon the Baroness D'Souza CMG, the Lord Speaker delivered interesting and engaging speeches and both offered the audience an opportunity to ask questions.
Two resolutions were put forward for debate and voting at this year’s Annual Meeting; both resolutions were carried and campaigns will now be launched by the NFWI Public Affairs Department.
A summary of resolution speakers is listed below:
“Appropriate care in hospitals for people with dementia” passed with 79.4% of the votes cast:
- Brett Terry, Director of People and Organisational Development, Alzheimer’s Society (expert speaker FOR)
- Rosalyn Jackson, NHS Nurse (expert speaker setting points for consideration AGAINST)
- Gladys Archer, Cheshire Federation (Proposer)
- Jane Parry, Cheshire Federation (Seconder)
“Avoid Food Waste, address food poverty” passed with 82.7% of the votes cast:
- Tristram Stuart, Founder, Feedback (expert speaker FOR)
- Alice Ellison, Environment Policy Adviser, British Retail Consortium (expert speaker AGAINST)
- Anne Yeeles, Shropshire Federation (Proposer)
- Jackie Williams, North Yorkshire West Federation (Seconder)
The following speeches are available to download:
- NFWI Chair, Janice Langley – opening address
- NFWI Chair, Janice Langley – closing remarks
- NFWI Hon. Treasurer, Julia Roberts – Treasurer’s statement
- Alzheimer's Society
- Ambassador Theatre Group
- Leonard Cheshire Disability
- Ramblers Holidays
- Shakespeare’s Globe
Annual Meeting footage:
An edited video showing parts of the morning session is available to watch here
An edited video showing parts of the afternoon session is available to watch here
For information on past Annual Meetings please click here.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department