Crafts beautiful projects
Discover a brand new project every month from the WI Highlights pages of Crafts beautiful magazine.
Use alcohol ink lifting to create this stunning stamped card!
You will need:
- Card: white, pink, dark pink, blue, green, black
- Paper, Yupo Synthetic
- Dies, nesting
- Stamps: Dina Wakley, Scribbly Insects
- Inks: Ranger Alcohol, Wild Plum, Meadow, Stream; Alcohol Lift Ink, Alcohol
- Ink Mini Applicator; Black
- Water brush
- Clean lint-free cloth
- Create an alcohol ink background on Yupo, by dabbing on various colours. Darker shades work best, as the stamped image will stand out more clearly. Use Alcohol Lift ink to stamp the butterfly. Working quickly, dab off the ink with a clean cloth to reveal the stamped image. Trim and mount on white, green and blue card.
- Form a folded white card, 12cm x 15.5cm. Cut narrow strips of alcohol-inked Yupo and mount them onto white and green card. Trim the ends at an angle and glue to the front of the card. Stamp a sentiment with black, then fix a stamped butterfly. Add a sheer bow as shown.
For more projects, blogs and craft news visit the Crafts beautiful website.