The Secretary works closely with the President and, like her, should be aware of the Wl's Constitution and Rules. She shares with the President the responsibility for the general arrangements of meetings but, as the executive officer of the committee, she is personally responsible for seeing committee business is carried out. The Secretary is elected annually, by the committee, at its first meeting after the Annual Meeting.
As Secretary your principle responsibilities are to:
- Ensure the smooth conduct of Wl business.
- Organise and co-ordinate the work of any sub-committees and working groups.
- Handle and acknowledge all correspondence, referring to the President as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain good relations with the Secretary and staff of the Federation, with the Secretary/Convenor of the Group and with the secretaries of local organisations.
Contact the NFWI
- Phone: 020 7371 9300
- Open hours: 9am–5pm Mon–Fri
- Address: 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY
Or fill in the contact form... to email a specific department