Upcycled Candle Jars
You will need:
- Soya Wax flakes
- Candle wicks
- Scented Oil
- Jam jars
- Ribbon and dried grass to decorate
I recommend heading to Hobbycraft for your wax, wicks and scented oils as they have a great selection of scents and wick heights.
1. Fill your saucepan with boiling water and pop onto the hob to simmer.
2. Pour your soya flakes into the bowl (I used 300g per candle which filled my jam jars nicely however it will depend on the size of your glass jar). Pop on top of the saucepan and heat until melted.
3. Once melted add in your scent, I used Blackcurrant and Agarwood for an Autumnal cosy smell.
4. Place your wick into your jar and hold it in the centre.
5. Pour your melted wax into the jar to fill holding the wick in place, I then used a pencil to rest the wick on so it stayed central in the jar whilst the candle set.
6. Once the candle is set (mine took a couple of hours) you can cut the wick down and decorate your jar, I used a gingham ribbon to wrap around and bow and popped in a sprig of dried grass to give my candles an autumnal feel.
Project by Becki Clark.