- 450g rough puff pastry
- 1 onion
- 50g butter
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 4 tomatoes
- 100g cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Roll the pastry out to a large oblong. Place on non-stick baking paper on a baking tray.
- Peel and slice the onion; saute in the butter until transparent.
- Chop the eggs and scatter them and the mixed herbs on to the onions. Stir together. Spread this mixture on one half of the pastry.
- Skin and slice the tomatoes, and place on top of the mixture.
- Grate the cheese over the tomato, and season.
- Damp the edges of the pastry, fold the uncovered half over on top. Press the edges together and decorate with a fork; brush with beaten egg. Make 2 diagonal cuts in the top of the pastry and bake at 2000C, Gas Mark 6 until risen and golden brown.