These are vegetarian sausages which don't pretend to be meat. They use leeks, cheese and breadcrumbs with fresh herbs and mustard to make a crunchy and unique dish.
- 400g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 200g grated Caerphilly cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs (parsley and coriander)
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard/mustard powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Mix three quarters of the breadcrumbs with the cheese, herbs and leeks and season well.
- Lightly beat 2 of the eggs with the mustard and combine a little at a time with the dry ingredients until you have a dough.
- Divide the mixture into 12 and roll into sausages.
- Coat the sausage with seasoned flour, egg, then the breadcrumbs and put in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Fry the sausages in oil for approximately 10 mins until golden brown all over.
To reduce the fat content the sausages can be baked in a hot oven on a lined sheet for about 20 mins.
This recipe is from www.recipesfromwales.com.