Smoked Mackerel & Rocket Pate
This pate is delicious as a starter or a light lunch. Serve with slices of wholemeal toast or warm wholemeal rolls and a salad garnish.
- 50g pack Rocket Leaves
- 225g Smoked Mackerel Fillets, skinned and flaked
- 250g Quark
- 1 tsp Horseradish Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Place the rocket leaves, mackerel, Quark and horseradish into a food processor. Give several pulses to puree the ingredients and create a textured pate.
- Check the seasoning and add a generous squeeze of lemon juice and some freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to 4 individual ramekins or one large bowl, cover and chill for about 1 hour before serving with a wedge of lemon, toast/warm rolls and a few salad leaves.
Freezing not recommended