Leek & Potato Soup
This is one of the recipes from the very popular Lets Cook! and Lets Cook Local projects in which WI members helped young parents to cook family meals
- 3 large Leeks
- 5 medium Potatoes
- 1.5 litres Stock
- Seasoning - Salt and Pepper
- Wash and peel the leeks and potatoes.
- Chop the vegetables finely, into bite sized pieces.
- Put all the chopped vegetables in a large pan with the stock and heat until boiling.
- Turn down the heat, cover with a lid and cook gently for 30 minutes.
- Season and serve the soup hot.
Lots of other vegetables could be made into soup. Carrots, swede, parsnip, cabbage, onions, garlic or peppers could be used.
Keep the potatoes because they help make the soup thick.
For extra flavour, add chopped cooked vegetables, chicken, meat or grated cheese for the last five minutes of cooking.