Smoked Chicken Waldorf
This is a take on the classic Waldorf salad. Smoked chicken has a really good flavour, but you can substitute it with cold cooked chicken if preferred.
- 1 head of Celery, cut into chunks
- 2 red-skinned apples, quartered and cored
- 50g Walnut pieces
- 200g Smoked Chicken Breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons French Dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Put the celery in a large bowl.
- Cut the apple quarters in half again, and cut each piece into four or five chunks. Add to the celery.
- Add the walnuts, chicken and french dressing and stir to mix well.
- Pile on to pretty plates, sprinkle over the parsley and serve immediately
This recipe is from Traditional Favourites published by Simon & Schuster in 2012.