Marinated Black Olives
Make all three varieties and serve with Spanish cured ham and bread as part of a tapas platter. Ice-cold fino sherry completes the picture.
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 200g Black Olives
- ½ preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil, to cover
- Mix together the olives, preserved lemon and rosemary.
- Add about 3 tablespoons olive oil and mix together well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 500ml sterilised jar.
- Add enough oil to completely cover the olives.
- Seal, label and set aside to marinate for at least 1 week.
- Consume within 3 weeks. Refrigerate once opened.
This recipe is from Preserves by Carol Tennant and published by Simon & Schuster 2009.