A rich & creamy sauce, traditionally served with asparagus as well as Eggs Benedict.
- 175g Softened Butter
- 3 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Fresh Bayleaf
- 6 Black Peppercorns
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 tbsp Water
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt, then cool the butter
- Boil the vinegar, bay leaf and peppercorns until reduced to 1 tablespoon
- Strain into a heat proof bowl and discard the flavourings
- Beat the yolks with the water and then with the reduced vinegar until frothy
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and continue to beat until the sauce thickens. Gradually beat in the butter, beating each addition in thoroughly.
- The sauce should be thick, shiny and served lukewarm