Looking for a change for veg? This is a tasty popular and quite a sweet dish but excellent with pork.
- 11/2 lb Parsnips
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 11/2ozs Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Juice of 1 Orange (or 4 tbsp Cider)
- Boil washed parsnips till just tender. Then peel, slice and leave to drain well.
- Generously butter a shallow ovenproof dish, and arrange half the parsnip slices in a single layer in dish.
- Melt 1oz butter, remove from heat and mix with sugar, salt, lemon and orange juice (or cider). Pour half the mixture over the sliced parsnips.
- Cover with the remaining parsnips, and pour remaining mixture over them.
- Dot with the rest of the butter.
- Bake in the oven at 1900C, Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned.