Yang Chow Fried Rice
This tasty dish would serve 6 as a snack or 4 as a main meal
- 150ml Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 100g Prawns
- 100g Cooked Chicken, diced
- 100g Cooked Ham, diced
- 100g Cooked Peas
- 8 Button Mushrooms
- 225g Long Grain Rice
- 75ml Stock
- 2 x 15ml Sherry
- 15ml Soy Sauce
- Cook the rice in boiling water until just tender
- Beat the eggs and fry in a large frying pan with 2 tbsp oil
- When cooked turn the flat sheet of egg onto a board and cut into strips and keep hot whilst you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Heat more oil and fry the prawns, then reduce the heat and add the chicken and ham.
- Add the mushrooms and peas to the pan and heat through.
- Strain the rice and add to the frying pan.
- Add a little more oil if necessary and stirring constantly add the stock, egg strips, sherry and soy sauce
- Season to taste and serve
If there is any fried rice left over chill quickly and eat within 24 hours. It is preferable to serve the remainder as a rice salad for lunch or in a lunch box. It is not recommended to reheat rice or soy dishes due to the presence of the food poisoning bacteria Bacillus Cereus.