This is a good recipe for using up left over turkey.
- 10ozs Turkey, cubed
- 5ozs Mushrooms, diced, cooked in Butter
- 2ozs Ham, diced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2/3 cup of Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup of Single Cream
- 3 Egg yolks
- Salt and Pepper
- Seasoned Flour, Egg and Breadcrumbs to finish
- Heat the turkey, ham and cooked mushrooms together gently in a covered casserole with 1/2 glass of Madeira for 5 mins.
- Make the Bechamel Sauce (see below) and add 11/2 cupfuls.
- Stir well: the mixture should be firm and not fluid.
- Cool then divide and shape into 12 croquettes.
- To finish: Roll in flour and then in beaten egg. Roll each one in fresh breadcrumbs.
- Saute the croquettes rapidly in hot melted butter. Serve immediately.
- A puree of chestnuts, or almost any vegetables can accompany this dish.
- Melt the butter and add the flour.
- Cook for 2 mins then gradually add the liquid (broth.)
- Add the cream and bring to the boil to thicken.
- Season, cool slightly and add the egg yolks, stirring well