Tomato & Caraway Prawns
This may seem an unusual combination, but it really works. Serve with a green salad and some crusty bread to mop up the juices.
Preparation: 25 minutes + cooking time 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, sliced finely
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 Green Pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 400 g can chopped Tomatoes
- a pinch of Caster Sugar
- Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 350g peeled Cooked Prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 1 tbsp chopped Fresh Coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the garlic until just golden.
- Add the caraway seeds, chilli flakes and green pepper, and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and season.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the pepper is soft and the sauce thickened.
- Add the prawns and reheat for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the chopped coriander
This recipe is from One Pot Dishes published by Simon & Schuster in 2012 ISBN 978-47110-177-9 priced £12.99
For a complete list of all WI books please send a sae to WIE 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY