Stuffed Baked Marrow
Suffering from a surfeit of squashes this autumn? Wondering how to cook them? Look now further, here is just the recipe for a tasty supper dish
- 100g Macaroni
- 1 medium sized Marrow
- 175g Ham, cold
- 275ml Tomato Sauce
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water until just tender.
- Cut the marrow, unpeeled, into rings 5cm deep.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Chop the ham finely and mix with the tomato sauce and macaroni. Season.
- Put the marrow rings in an ovenproof dish with a little water and stuff them with the ham, macaroni mix.
- Put a dot of butter on top of each.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake 210C, Gas 7 for 30 mins until the marrow is tender.