Spicy Fish Kebabs
A light summer dish, easy to cook on a BBQ and a great alternative to meat kebabs.
- 60ml plain Low Fat Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- Ginger 1 thin sliced piece, fresh, peeled and finely chopped
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 150g Salmon fillet, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 300g White Fish, firm, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 12 large Prawns
- Onion, cut into wedges
- Pepper, Red/Yellow cut into chunks
- Coriander, fresh
- Lime wedges
- Mix the yogurt with the lime juice, garlic, coriander, ginger and seasoning to taste.
- Stir the fish chunks and prawns into this and leave to chill for about 4 hrs, refrigerated.
- Thread the drained pieces of fish and prawns evenly onto the skewers together with the onion and pepper wedges.
- Place on a baking sheet and grill for about 8 minutes until the fish is cooked, brushing with leftover yogurt.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander and garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve with couscous or green salad.
Any firm fish can be used. There is more flavour and interest with a variety but one type is OK.
Love Your Leftovers- If you have a spare odd vegetable in the fridge consider if it would go well with the mixture