Rosti Topped Halibut
Rösti-topped halibut with smoked salmon & avocado
Halibut has an excellent flavour and thick firm flesh making it an ideal choice for a main course fish dish.
The joy of this recipe is that it takes no time to put together yet looks so good.
Cheat by using a packet of rösti mix for the potato cakes.
Preparation: 30 minutes, cooking time 30 minutes
- butter, for greasing
- 4 x 175g skinned Halibut fillets
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 8 tblsp Natural Yogurt or Crème Fraîche
- 100g Smoked Salmon, sliced thinly
- 1 ready-to-eat avocado, stoned, peeled and quartered
- juice of 1 Lemon
- 50g Parmesan Cheese, grated finely
- 1 packet of frozen ready-made rösti
- a little Olive Oil
- 225g crisp Green Beans or Broccoli
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C.
- Butter a shallow ovenproof dish. Put the halibut in the dish in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of yogurt or crème fraîche over each fillet and top with smoked salmon.
- Make a fan of the avocado by cutting each quarter into slices up to two thirds of the way down and then spread it out like a fan on top of the smoked salmon. Sprinkle with lemon juice and then Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cook the rösti according to the packet instructions and place it on top, or to the side, of each fillet before serving. Drizzle with a little olive oil
- Serve with some crisp green beans or broccoli.
Freezing not recommended
This recipe is from WI Complete Christmas by Sian Cook and Margaret Williams 2010 published by Simon & Schuster ISBN 978-0-85720-028-0 and available from all good bookstores.
For a complete list of all WI recipe books please send a sae to NFWI Enterprises 104 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LY