Cotes de Porc Savoy
A warm and appetising dish for the colder months; Savoy Pork Chops. This recipe does not take much time and packs a good flavour
- 8 Pork Chops
- 50g Butter
- 2 tsps Flour
- 300ml Cider
- 5 tbsps Sherry or Madeira
- 2 Lemons
- 100g Sultanas
- 2 large Apples, cored
- Salt and Pepper
- Brown the chops on both sides in the butter and put them in a fireproof dish.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook gently, stirring all the time, until it begins to brown.
- Stir in the cider and sherry or Madeira.
- Grate the rind from the lemons and squeeze the juice. Add to the pan with the sultanas.
- Season to taste and then pour over the chops. Top with a slice of apple.
- Cook at 1800C, Gas 4 for 45-60 minutes, adding a little stock if the dish seems too dry.
- Serve with a good selection of vegetables