- 4 Chicken Joints (or Whole Chicken)
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 200g Tomatoes chopped
- 1 litre boiling Water
- 100g Mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp Corn Oil
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 1 x 125g can Tomato Puree
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- Glass of Sherry
- Skin and joint the chicken.
- Heat corn oil and fry onions.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree and cornflour.
- Mix well.
- Add stock cubes and water, stir till boiling.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Rub sauce through sieve, return to pan, add sherry and chicken joints.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- About 15 minutes before end of cooking add mushrooms.
- Serve with boiled rice.