Only got a small amount of summer fruit? No problem try this wonderful taste of summer in a jar!
- 250g Blackcurrants
- 250g Redcurrants
- 250g Raspberries
- 250g Strawberries
- 1kg Sugar
- Wash all the fruit and remove stems from blackcurrants and redcurrants.
- Put the blackcurrants into a pan with very little water and simmer until tender.
- Add the remaining fruit and simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in the sugar over low heat until dissolved.
- Boil hard to setting point, pour into hot sterilised jars and cover.
Proportions of fruit may be varied slightly depending on what you have although the taste will differ. Do not use too high a proportion of strawberries to other fruit or the jam will not set.