Plum and Mulled Wine Jam
Preparation: 50 minutes
- 1.8kg Red Plums, halved and stoned
- 375ml Red wine
- Mulled Wine Spices (eg Cinnamon, Nutmeg or Cloves)
- 1 piece of Orange Zest without pith
- 1.8kg Granulated Sugar
- Put the plums and wine in a large preserving pan.
- Place the spices and zest in a spice ball or muslin bag and add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15 -20 mins or until the plum skins are soft.
- Remove the spice ball or bag and add the sugar stirring until dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for about 10 mins or until setting point is reached. Remove any scum.
- Pour into cooled, sterilised jars. Seal and label.
This recipe is taken from The Women's Institute Homemade Jams and Chutney by Midge Thomas published by Simon & Schuster.