An unusual but delicious preserve. Prepare when there is an abundance.
- 1 kg ripe Peaches
- 1 Lemon, juice
- 750g Sugar
- 2tsp Rosewater
- 2tsp Orange Flower Water
- Skin the peaches by dipping them into boiling water and then cold water.
- Cut into quarters, take out the stones and put the fruit into the pan with the lemon juice.
- Simmer gently until the fruit is soft, stirring well and adding a little water if necessary to prevent burning.
- Stir in the sugar over low heat until dissolved.
- Boil hard to setting point.
- Stir in the rosewater and flower water and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour into hot jars and cover.