Microwave Three Fruit Marmalade
Homemade preserves are always the best and using the microwave is a quick and easy way to produce small quantities.
- 1 Large Grapefruit
- 3 Seville Oranges
- 2 Lemons
- 1 kg Sugar
- Peel the fruit, avoiding the pith and shred the peel thinly.
- Put into a large bowl, although one that will fit in the microwave.
- Remove the excess pith and pips. Put these into a piece of muslin and put into the bowl.
- Chop the fruit finely and add.
- Pour in 900ml boiling water and leave overnight for the peel to start to soften.
- Sterilise the jam jars and lids.
- Microwave on full power for 23 minutes.
- Strain the muslin bag into the fruit, pressing well to extract maximum pectin.
- Cook the fruit again for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the sugar in the oven.
- Stir in the sugar until completely dissolved.
- Half cover the bowl and cook for 15 minutes.
- Leave to stand 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into warm jars and seal.